Monday, August 25, 2008

The Most Important Man in My Life


Today was Kirk's 54th birthday and I can't let the day go by without saying just how much this man means to me. He is the love of my life (literally) and I probably don't tell him that near often enough. We have been married 34 years and counting, but have known each other for much longer than that. He is such a great man, husband, father, son, brother, and friend. I know that no one will argue that point. He has taught his children the value of work and honesty. He missed a lot of events in our lives in order to provide for us, but he always made the most of the time he was able to be home. He loves to spend time at home with his family more than anything else in the world. Besides home, he loves to be in the mountains, on the boat, camping in the trailer, riding the 4-wheelers, (and now a jeep) or just sitting around camp talking. He loves our home and yards and feels completely satisfied and blessed for what we have. He has set such a good example for us in so many ways. He now fulfills his church calling as Assistant Financial Clerk with much enthusiasm and devotion. He rarely misses a Sunday. Most of all, he loves his family.... his parents, his siblngs, his children, and now his grandchildren, who are the light of his life. Yesterday we got together for dinner and celebrated his birthday, since he had to leave today. All of our family was here, plus Kirk's parents. We ate in the shop (like so many times before) but hey, you've never seen a cleaner shop! Everyone pitched in and bought Kirk new seat covers for his jeep (picture to come in a later post). He was so excited and couldn't wait to put them on later that night. After dinner, we all got cleaned up and headed to Maple Grove for family pictures (will post them later after JaLee & Shannon edit them for us). It had been a little stressful planning this event and the weather scared us earlier in the day, but..... we had such a fun time. The weather was perfect and Maple Grove was a beautiful background for our pictures. The kids were great - had fun running & playing in the dirt and the water. It was such a fun day!

1 comments:

Fab Five said...

I agree Mom.....But I have to say I have the best PARENTS in the whole world. Dad taught us soooo much and you were always the rock!! I could have NEVER asked for any more. I had the greatest childhood of any kid alive! My girls love you guys soooo much.

LOVE YOU

Jason