On Thursday night (Aug 21) I came home and tried to boot my computer so I could get some work done and was devastated when I realized my operating system had crashed! I know I depend on my computer way too much. AND, even though I know much better, I had not backed up my pictures or data for a very long time. As I write this post, I still don't know if that stuff will be saved and I am sick! I took it to the "computer hospital" and haven't heard anything yet. If I had been keeping up on my blog, at least I would have had some of the pictures posted with stories. Since dad became so ill and passed away, I have had a hard time wrapping my brain around anything but just the necessities of day to day living. It is so hard to explain and I won't even try. Maybe because my computer crashed, I have realized that it is so important to record the important events in my life and to share even the simple things, too! I have been working through my grief and as each day passes, it gets a little easier. There are so many things that have happened this summer that I don't want to forget about. I am making a pledge to myself that as soon as I get my computer back and hopefully the pictures restored, I am going to do better to catch up and keep posting for my history. It is important to me and maybe someday will be really important to my posterity.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment