Ashley challenged me to respond to the "Favorite Toys" tag that everyone else did. So here goes.... besides my family & friends, these are my favorite toys or things - at least for the moment.....
My exercise videos.... I don't know that you would say these are my "favorite" things, but I love them because they have helped me to accomplish something I have always wanted to do. LOSE WEIGHT and FEEL BETTER! I have been doing Weight Watchers for 1 year and 8 months now. I have still not reached my goal, but I have lost a lot of weight and kept it off for many months. For me, that is a great accomplishment and has made me so much happier. After the holiday let down, I am trying to get back on track and these videos help me out. I am hoping to reach my lifetime membership in 2008 and it is going to take a lot of work and determination. But, like it says on my frig, "The only way you won't lose weight, is if you stop trying." I need to keep telling myself that. I appreciate Kirk and the way he is such a great support to me in my effort to lose weight - he is my best cheerleader. All of my family have been such a great support - putting up with no treats at grandma's house and not much cooking at all for that matter. Thanks guys!
My Palm - I have always been a list maker and for many years used a Franklin Day Planner. But, but I also have a fascination with "electronic gadgets", so a few years ago Kirk bought me my first PDA. Now I could not live without one. It has everything important contained in it - tasks to do, addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, accounts, etc. I've told many that if I lost my Palm, I would forget what day it was. Literally!! I think my brain gets lazy - I write it in my Palm, then forget about it. I used to keep my journal notes in it and then type up later on the computer, until a few years ago I lost TWO YEARS worth of notes when it crashed. It was devastating, because I will never remember those two years. Since then, I have never caught up. It is one of my goals this year to start writing a journal again..JPG)
My Computer - my other "electronic" bad habit. It can really be a good thing - bad thing. I love all the things I can do on my computer, but I know that sometimes I spend way too much time on it. Between working all day on a computer at Jones & DeMille, I then come home to book work for our trucking business, checking out all the blogs, Internet surfing, etc. I use my computer for EVERYTHING! I have tons and tons of graphic programs that I use for church callings, invitations, cards, scrapbooking, and tons of other stuff. After making a digital photo book for the grandparents for Christmas, I have a huge desire to start doing digital scrapbooking. Now this blog will really add to my many other computer habits, but hopefully for the good. The bad part is that it is hard on my neck and I get pretty stiff & sore.
My books...... I, too, love to READ. My favorite, of course, are all the LDS novels. Unfortunately, I have a really bad habit of just buying the ones I want instead of going to the library. I might only read them once, but I LOVE to share them with others and believe me, these books have all been ready MANY times. I love historical romance, mystery, suspense, whatever. I also just read the first book in the "Twilight" series. It took me a while to get in the fantasy "vampire" mode, but I actually ended up really liking it. Mark & JaLee gave me the next two books in the series for Christmas and I am looking forward to reading those, but first I have to finish the newest "Anita Stansfield" book. She is my favorite LDS author and I always drop everything to read her newest book.
My car..... Kirk bought me a brand new Chrysler 300 for Christmas 2006. I LOVE this car - it has everything I have always wanted in a car. The guys I work with call it my "muscle" car. It is so fun to drive and so comfortable. It has all the extras - heated leather seats, climate control, GPS, satellite radio, and much more. Today I just had Kirk's Christmas present to me this year installed - a remote starter! Boy, do I feel spoiled!
0 comments:
Post a Comment