Friday, September 26, 2008

Office


Dad's office was sort of my project and I cried from start to finish. I took a lot of pictures and we saved a lot of the stuff that meant a lot to him. There was just so much of him in that corner - I thought about him playing solitaire in the wee hours of the morning, of calling me from his computer when he needed my help, of him making cards for all his family he loved so much, of his collage of funny pictures and sayings, of his organized paperwork and little glasses of coins. He knew where everything was, even if no one else did. He saved everything and we still have a lot of sorting to do - histories, pictures, etc. BUT... mom couldn't even bring herself to open her mail back there. Our goal was to make it more hers now and hopefully get her to start on her history. Now Steven has plans to make this into another spare bedroom, and we will probably get grandma a smaller computer desk for her bedroom. So many memories, so many tears, but things that I will never forget about my dad and they will ALWAYS be in my heart, no matter what the rooms in this house look like.

0 comments: