Friday, September 26, 2008

One Week Later - Kolob Care & Rehab




I made another trip to St George one week after mom's fall (Sept 20). She had spent 4 days in the hospital, then was moved to the Kolob Care & Rehab center for some physical therapy, occupational therapy, and more time to heal. Mom made it through the surgery great, but had several days in a deep fog - she was very "loopy" to say the least. We were very worried, but it seems the anesthesia from the surgery and the pain medications combined were not very good for her. She said & did some pretty crazy things! We were so relieved when she finally seemed to be more herself. She has been very sad to be in the care center, though, and it has been really hard for all of us. Steven had flown in from Texas and spent a few days making some decisions about repairs needed on the home. He contacted a very good friend of mom and dad's that has agreed to oversee the projects - dry wall repair, electrical work, painting, and new floor coverings. I spent half the night Sunday putting away everything on the walls, knick knacks, etc and still left some for Kelly & family to take care of. The project is now in full swing, so mom's house is in a real mess now. It will be beautiful when done and I will have to go down and take more pictures then. Mom (Grandma) could really use some cheering up - phone calls, cards, letters, etc. I think she is going to be fine, but it is going to take some time.

3 comments:

Catrina said...

I am so sorry to hear about Aunt Carol's fall. Our prayers are with her. I love seeing the pictures of her home. That's great what you guys have done. It looks wonderful!

Marcie said...

Oh no!!! Give your mom my love and keep us updated! Also, what is your mom's address?

Emily said...

Hi Maridon

Sorry to hear about your mom. I hope everything turns out okay.

I invited you to my blog, but noticed you haven't accepted it. I might have your email wrong. Will you give it to me again? emily_albrecht at hotmail dot com.

Thanks
Emily