Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year - New Beginnings

2009!!! Hard to believe. It seems like yesterday when everyone was so worried about Y2K and if all the computers in the world were going to crash. Thank goodness that didn't happen. I thought that one of my goals this year would be to take more pictures and keep up on my blog and my personal journal. I just wrote in my journal for the first time this year and I have not taken one picture. And..... this is my first blog post for the year. Oops - not a great start to my new year goals. I had offered to tend all 8 of my grandchildren for New Year's Eve - boy was that a crazy idea??!!?? I ended up with just 5 of them, since Mark, JaLee & kids went to Grand Junction for the holiday. Even with 5, it was crazy and I didn't even get out my camera. I should have - they were so cute and we had lots of fun. We spent the first day of the new year putting away Christmas and getting our house back in order. I had to work on Friday, then Saturday was mostly putting away 2008 files and getting our home office ready for 2009. We did start out the New Year with another medical emergency - Ashley ended up in the emergency room last night with a kidney stone. She was in so much pain, but hopefully is now on the mend. The doctors would like her to see a specialist, hopefully to prevent another occurrence like last night. We sure felt bad for her. Kirk left for this morning and I've had a lazy afternoon. However, I just got back from a Regional Fireside for the YM / YW and then a planning meeting for a Ward Youth Conference in July. Kirk & I have been asked to serve on the committee to plan a 3 day Youth Conference for our ward. It should be fun, but I know from experience that it will also be a lot of work. That basically sums up the first 4 days of 2009. I have more goals I need to write down for the year - maybe if I write them down, I will be better at sticking to them. Hope all who read this post, have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR! Love, health & happiness! I found this quote that I think fits the occasion of a brand new year and a brand new beginning for all of us.....


If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down. (Mary Pickford)

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Maridon, you are such a fun grandma. Your 12 days of Christmas sounds like it was a hit and babysitting on New Years too? Your kids are so lucky! Can we bring our kids over next year too???

Survivor of Seven said...

Hey Maridon!
I was glad to see that you had commented on my blog. I was a reluctant blogger at first, but now I am glad that Kaitlin and Lara forced me to sit down and do one, if only for me! I have had a lot of fun, too, reading the links. It's fun to know you have one. I'll put you on my list! It sounds like you are going to be busy in YM/YW. What are you going to do? Kristy