The day after Christmas Kirk & I drove to Provo for our own private "New Year" Celebration and get-away. Kirk's work schedule had been changed before Christmas and he had to leave today for his regular round - which makes him gone for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day, as well. We didn't want to go without celebrating, so when the weather was cooperating (somewhat), we decided to take off. We arrived about 3:00 and checked into our motel - then first up was the much awaited showing of "Twilight". We had both read the book and actually quite liked the movie. I know the reviews have been mixed - I think you just have to be in the right frame of mind.
Then, we shopped around the mall a few minutes, had dinner at Wingers, then went to another movie at 8:00 p.m. - Australia. We had both been wanting to see this movie, too. It started out kind of slow and corny and we both wondered if we would have to suffer through almost 3 hours, but it ended up being very good. At least, we both like it.
It was snowing really hard when we left the movie and I was SO glad our motel was only across the street. My family laughs at me, but I prefer NOT to be on the highways when the weather is bad. Better safe than sorry! We didn't get in a big hurry to get up the next morning, but we still made it home by 1:00 p.m. It was a fun get-away. Now this grandma has volunteered to tend the grandkids on New Year's Eve so the moms and dads can celebrate. Maybe a little crazy - we shall see!!!
Then, we shopped around the mall a few minutes, had dinner at Wingers, then went to another movie at 8:00 p.m. - Australia. We had both been wanting to see this movie, too. It started out kind of slow and corny and we both wondered if we would have to suffer through almost 3 hours, but it ended up being very good. At least, we both like it.
It was snowing really hard when we left the movie and I was SO glad our motel was only across the street. My family laughs at me, but I prefer NOT to be on the highways when the weather is bad. Better safe than sorry! We didn't get in a big hurry to get up the next morning, but we still made it home by 1:00 p.m. It was a fun get-away. Now this grandma has volunteered to tend the grandkids on New Year's Eve so the moms and dads can celebrate. Maybe a little crazy - we shall see!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment