No - this new look for Kirk's truck was NOT by choice. Last week was not a good week for him. Not only was there NO freight when he got to Denver - while waiting to hear if Sandy had a load for him, another driver was backing into (or should I say TRYING to back into) a parking space next to Kirk at the Flying J Truck Stop in Denver. Kirk was in the sleeper just starting a movie when all of a sudden - CRUNCH - the other driver backed his trailer right over Kirk's hood. I'm sure I do not need to go into details on how Kirk felt right about then. Not good!
Now Kirk's truck has a whole new look, thanks to Peterbilt's "loan a hood" program. They took his hood off to fix it and gave him this one to run with until his is fixed. Obviously, he does not like the look, but very grateful to not have any more "down" time than necessary. I asked him if anyone gave him grief about it over the road. His answer, "I turned my CB off." Of course! Kirk is very proud of his truck and this does not sit well with him. Even little Parker noticed it on Sunday and commented, "Grandpa, your truck looks weird." The honesty of children!
To add insult to injury - Kirk was not able to get to LA to get his regular load of granite slabs and this is the load he came home with. We are living in some pretty scary times with our economy and the trucking industry is taking a hit along with everyone else. I think we should try not to be fearful, but just try to be better prepared.
1 comments:
Despite how the truck looks, I think it is neat that they have loaner parts. Too bad they don't do that for cars, too. It's a scary time for all of us, no one is unaffected. I think it is good for my kids, though, to know each generation may NOT get richer and richer....
Post a Comment