Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cupcakes & Pumpkins

Monday night we had a spur of the moment "Family Home Evening"! Everyone was there except Kirk, and I really felt bad doing this without him. But, it was JaLee's birthday, so Mark took her to Steve's Steakhouse for dinner. I had promised them to tend their kids, so the rest of us decided to get together for pizza & a pre-Halloween party. These three little ones all wanted to sit up on the counter by grandma - so fun!
After dinner it was out to the shop to make our messes! First... cupcakes (thanks Melissa for baking them for us!) We had crushed oreos, gummy worms, and all kinds of creep crawly things. These five older grandkids really enjoy doing crafts and projects now. The three little girls only last a minute or two and then they are off and running!
The end results were amazing! Quite creative I thought!
Next, on to the pumpkins...... such fun times for these cute cousins.
Everyone got involved and created some pretty amazing pumpkins. Grandma Maridon took the three little girls inside to play - they weren't too interested in pumpkin carving yet.
Mark & JaLee made it back to help with the pumpkins. HAPPY 28th BIRTHDAY JALEE!
The post-party activity was the Denver Bronco - New England Patriot Monday night football game - well at least for some of us! All I can say about that - is "Thank Goodness for DVR" Denver played terrible and we watched that game in record time!


0 comments: