Sunday, October 26, 2008

What do Women Want.... Hmmmm

A break..... some "retail therapy", good company, and a whole lot of fun! Melissa & I took off Friday afternoon for a weekend in St George - I needed to go check on Grandma Carol and she needed a break. First stop - Taipan - always fun! Then, on to Aunt Beverly's where she had a yummy dinner ready for us. Grandma was so happy to see us and I couldn't believe the progress she had made in 3 weeks. She is still using a walker, tires easily, but is getting around pretty darn good. In and out of a chair, the car, her bed, can shower by herself and is really working hard to get better. She can't wait to get back home and have her own things around her, but that still may be about 3 weeks away. By then her PT is hoping she won't need a walker. Aunt Beverly is doing such a great job with mom and we appreciate her so much. Melissa took the car on Friday night and then again on Saturday morning to just be by herself, get a pedicure and have some down time from kids or anyone. I stayed with Grandma, we went for a ride in Beverly's car - to the bank and to her house to see the progress there. She wasn't up to going in, but I went in to see what was going on. Her new floors were mostly done and the paint is beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished project. After lunch, Melissa & I went to the Dixie Center for the "What Women Want" Expo. I think Melissa went mostly to please me and I figured we would walk through in an hour and be done. To her surprise, and mine actually, we were there FOUR hours. We had so much fun! There were a lot of booths with some creative and fun products - I actually accomplished quite a bit of Christmas shopping for the grandkids. Then we went to Outback Steakhouse for dinner and more "retail therapy". We literally shopped until we dropped about 10:00 pm. Then we were up for another hour showing Aunt Bev and Grandma Carol our fun purchases. We were up early Sunday morning and on the road by 8:30. I wanted to get back home to hear Mark talk in Sacrament Meeting as the new Elder's quorum president. He did an amazing job - we were so proud of him. It was a busy, but fun weekend. I have to say, though, that NEXT weekend I am staying HOME! I am really in need of a Saturday at home.

2 comments:

Fab Five said...

Fun!! I am jealous. So does this mean you are not going down for the scrapbook expo in two weeks? I understand if you aren't!

Kelli said...

Bri told me that you had mentioned this expo to him. It sounds like so much fun but we had no time at all to go. Wish we could have! ((Wouldn't Brian have loved that?))

I'm so glad you are finally having some good news with your family and that they are all improving!!