Sunday, November 9, 2008

Progress Report

Steven sent me a text message late Thursday afternoon that mom's house was finished and cleaned. I had already arranged for Friday off hoping that would be the case - just waiting for the final word. I was excited to get down there and see the home and working on getting things unpacked and put back together so mom can move home. Ashley was going anyway, so I caught a ride with her, then used mom's car to run errands while there. I just want to say how much I appreciate everyone that has done so much to help mom through this latest trial - you know who you are! This was one of the first things I noticed when I got to her house - November 7 & look at this rose!!! The joys of living where it is warm. Mom wanted me to take a picture - she LOVES her roses.
The furniture was all moved to one side so that blinds could be installed, but mom was thrilled to be sitting in her new furniture. She cried! Of course! She loves, loves, loves everything - the flooring, the paint, the blinds. Everything is so clean and fresh and new - I really think this will give her the boost she needs.

Her physical therapist came while I was there and I was very impressed. Her hip is healing very well and there is no reason that she can't walk - except for the fear! AND that is very real to her and very common for someone that has gone through the trauma that mom has in the last year. Her PT had her using the cane instead of the walker and she was doing great. It is going to take some time, but I do believe that she will get her confidence back and soon be doing the things she wants to do.

0 comments: