Thursday, March 19, 2009

The "Official" First Day of Spring


March 20 - the first day of spring. And look what is blooming in my yard - even though it is still pretty small ....... I LOVE Daffodils!!!! I would love to have a whole yard full of them! Can't wait until more are blooming and the grass is green - then I will take some good pictures. Today I am also thinking of my mom.... it would have been her and dad's 56th wedding anniversary. I know she will be thinking of him and missing him and I wish I could be there with her. She has had a pretty traumatic year, but is one tough lady. I hope this first day of spring will be a good day for her - a new day of hope for a better year.

1 comments:

Maridon said...

Hi, Maridon!
I just got your comment post off of my blog... that is crazy that we have the same first name! I have never heard it elsewhere, but I did google it once and found that "maridon" is also an english surname...
My name is also a combination of my parents names -- my mom's middle name is Marie, and my Dad's middle name Donald, hence, Maridon. Crazy!
Great to know you. I see you are broncos fans... I grew up in Denver, but am now in TX with my husband and kids... Good to know you! Keep in touch.
xo, the other "maridon"