Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Still Not Easy

Last night, just before dark I drove by the cemetery as I have done so often in the last 9 months, and noticed that dad's monument was now in place. I was not real surprised at how quickly the tears filled my eyes and sadness filled my heart. I still miss him SO much. I had to drive around to the other side of the cemetery to get in the gate and the thought crossed my mind that I should wait for Kirk to be with me before I walked over by the monument. But I decided I wanted to spend a few quiet moments by myself. I love my dad so much and I could almost feel his arms around me telling me, "Maridon, you need to smile and be happy. There are so many blessings in your life and I don't want you to be sad." I am so grateful for the great example he was to me - never complaining, loving unconditionally, and truly ENDURING TO THE END.
The monument is beautiful and I am so glad it is done. There are still two vases that need to be added on each end, but they should be done soon.
I can't remember where I found this, but I love the message. "As long as we can LOVE each other, and remember the feeling of LOVE we had, we can die without ever really going away. All the LOVE you created is still there. You live on in the HEARTS of everyone you have touched and nurtured while you were here. Death ends life, not a relationship." I am glad we have a FOREVER FAMILY!

1 comments:

Survivor of Seven said...

What a beautiful headstone. In the SLC cemetery where my dad is buried, you can only have flat ones. It is a constant battle to keep the lawn from growing right over the top of it. I wish he could have a nice one like yours. It is so painful to lose your dad. Although it has been 20 years, my dad is still so real to me. I know your dad will be there for you, too. But that doesn't make it any easier to deal with in certain moments. It will be a great reunion someday for sure, won't it? I often feel bad that my kids weren't able to have his influence in their lives. Anyway, a great headstone and a comfort for your family!