Our sweet granddaughter, Makayla, celebrated her 9th birthday on April 30th. She shared her day with the funeral of Grandma Utahna, so it was a little sad for her. Grandma Nahna gave Makayla one of the beautiful flower arrangements from the funeral. Grandma Utahna would have been thrilled - she loved Makayla (as she did everyone) but had a little special spot in her heart for her first great-great-grandchild. I still remember how thrilled she was to finally have that title. Makayla had a special love for her as well. With the funeral, cemetery, and luncheon; it was later in the evening when we all got together to celebrate her birthday. There was so much family there & it did make her feel pretty special. 

All she wanted from us was a
RIPSTIK - I had to ask what it was and then was a little hesitant about getting it for her. I sure don't want her getting hurt on something we gave her for her birthday. I know... I worry too much. But, she was SO excited AND.........

..........it sure didn't take her long to figure it out. She has incredible balance and No Fear!

She is growing up so fast and is such a joy to have around.
HaPpY 9th BiRtHdAy MaKaYlA
0 comments:
Post a Comment