Monday, June 29, 2009

Remembering....

Our first Memorial Day without dad - mom came up to stay for a few days. It was very difficult for her, but she was a real trooper. It was difficult for all of us. I cried - a lot! I think dad's grave looked very beautiful - I know he was smiling, even though he used to tell us that he thought decorating graves was pretty silly - he claimed those that have gone before us are WAY too busy to worry about flowers on their graves. But, it makes those of us still living feel much better.

This was Grandma Utahna's grave on Memorial Day - they didn't have her monument back on yet, but it was still decorated and look beautiful. The hanging rose planter had been on her front porch and now it is on ours. This view shows Papa Arlos & Grandma Mary (dad's parents) and also Brenda Crofts Reep's little girl that died when she was only two years old.
We also decorated Grandpa Leon and Grandma Flo's grave (mom's parents).

And finally, we decorated my cousin, Carolee Gardner's grave - since Aunt Beverly was unable to come up and do it herself.
There were so many people at the cemetery and it looked beautiful. I am so glad that mom felt healthy enough to come up. I am so grateful for family..... and being together forever!!

0 comments: