Anyone who knows me, knows that I am a "fair weather" person. I normally do not like winter sports - probably because I do not have the right clothes to stay warm & cozy, I do not like slick roads, and I worry too much about the kids getting hurt. BUT..... Kirk couldn't wait to ride up in the hills northwest of Richfield in the jeep to watch all the kids & grandkids play in the snow the day before Christmas, so I went along They were having a blast - sleds, the perfect "small" hill, hot chocolate, donuts & cookies, and really a pretty nice day. It was pretty fun and I took lots of pictures to share.

Makayla & Braxton at the bottom - that's Hayden behind them who crashed on purpose so he wouldn't run into them. He was loving every minute of it.

Even little Aubrei & Katera were giggling and laughing as long as one of the adults could be convinced to pull them around in the snow.

JaLee & Aubrei

Hayden

Jason took some of them behind the 4-wheeler and they loved that, too.

The mommies got their work out pulling the little ones.

Morgan helped keep the trail groomed and the kids going in the right direction.

Grandpa Kirk enjoying it all!!

Parker - warm & loving it, too.

Doesn't Sekoya's grin tell it all?

Makayla getting in on the action.

Katera taking a little break on the 4-wheeler trailer.

These three belong to the Black Family - Kamry (Torre's), McCall & Rylee (Travis & Tana's). They got much braver than the rest of the kids and kept going higher up the trail. As you can see, they were giggling and laughing and loving it. But, unfortunately things went very bad on one run, they missed making a curve, and ran head on into a tree. It was so scary. Poor little McCall broke her leg in two places. It was awful and really put a damper on the day. Those are the very thing I had worried about going up, but it was just a terrible accident. We sure hope that McCall will be okay.
Other than the accident, everyone had a great time with no further incidents.
0 comments:
Post a Comment