Sunday, December 28, 2008

December Rush

It is amazing how fast a month can go by! Thanksgiving was late in the year and I don't think I had time to breathe after it was over. You would think I should have lots of time, but with working full time and all my other obligations, things just seem to get crazy no matter what. Plus, I am finding out that the older I get, the longer it takes me to accomplish the things that I need to. I don't have many pictures to share in December, but here is a brief catch up for the month.....

Kirk was home from Thanksgiving through the first week of December - a major repair for the Peterbilt to end out our year. Not what we wanted, but we will survive! It was nice to have him home to help me decorate and get some other things done around the house. He was even here for Christmas Tree Lane and we both got to watch Sekoya dance. She did great - no stage fright for her. We watched Sekoya & Katera the first Saturday in December so Jason & Ashley could go to Park City for Ashley's birthday get-away. I also went to Braxton's first piano recital this month. Kirk was busy helping the Bishop with tithing settlement and couldn't make it. Braxton looked so handsome in his suit & tie and he played Away in a Manger with no music. He was the only one that night that didn't hesitate or make a mistake. We were so proud of him. It was the Jones & DeMille Company party on December 11. Since it was on a Thursday night, Kirk couldn't come, as usual. It was at Snow College this year and the food was yummy. Parker's 6th birthday was December 12 and I was able to slip away from work for a few minutes to watch the kids breaking the Pinata and having loads of fun in their PJ's. Saturday, the 13th, it was the Light Parade, but it was snowing and cold so I decided to stay home. I took on a big project this year and decided to do the 12 days of Christmas for my kids & grandkids since they all live in Richfield this year. It was a "spur of the moment" / "fly by the seat of my pants" project for me; but it ended up being SO MUCH fun and I think the kids all loved it! We're keeping it a secret from them and hoping to do it again next year - maybe with a little more thought this time. A couple of other events that I was able to attend - Sekoya performing in the annual Nutcracker ballet for the first time, and Braxton's school program where he had the starring role of SANTA. They both did so good! It is amazing and fun to be able to get to see all of the programs and events that our family is involved with. We are so grateful that they live close by. On Friday, December 19, I rode with Kelly to St George to spend a day with mom before Christmas. It was so fun to see her and how far she has come. She can now walk with a cane and even taking a few steps on her own. She still prefers a walker most of the time, but I think that will get better in time. Kirk stayed Friday night, then we headed back home on Saturday. I sang with the choir on the Sunday before Christmas in our annual Christmas sacrament meeting, then it was back to work for a couple more days. In addition to everything Christmas... December and January are very BUSY for the accounting dept at J&D. Melissa invited us to turkey dinner at her house on Christmas Eve - both Jason & Mark and their families were with the in-laws. Kirk & I opened our presents Christmas Eve - just the two of us - it was quiet, but really fun!

1 comments:

Liz said...

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas. I like the tradition of sledding. Sounds fun. What breakfast casserole recipe do you make.. I need a good one. I tried to find one for this year.

Merry Christmas
Liz