Sunday, December 28, 2008

Surprises!


The last few years, Kirk & I have usually bought a larger gift that is supposed to be for the two of us. This year was no different and we bought a new TV for our bedroom. We agreed to not buy each other anything else, but once again - that didn't work. Kirk really surprised me this year with diamonds. WOW - I was pretty shocked because he knows that unlike a lot of women, diamonds have never been super important to me. BUT, having said that I was so excited for these particular diamonds. There was a necklace and earrings from the Jane Seymour "Open Hearts" collection. I had seen them advertised and was mostly impressed with her message and the meaning of the Open Hearts - didn't really know much about the collection. For those who haven't heard her message, this is part of her thoughts about her collection: "An open heart reflects all our life experiences - our joys, heartbreaks, and inspirations - only when you can love yourself and keep your heart open, can you best give and receive love. That love can be for another person, a pet, a charity, or a personal passion. These open hearts should speak to every kind of love in your live and, of course, love has no boundaries, it flows unconditionally. Life is full of challenges and it is my hope that this jewelry collection will remind you every day that if your heart is open it can never stay broken." I really think these are some beautiful thoughts and hope I can remember them when I wear this jewelry and how much I love the man that gave them to me.

Since Kirk bought his new jeep this year, we are sure finding out that the saying is true about what JEEP stands for (Just Empty Every Pocket). This is going to be a great storage rack for his top and doors in the summer time. I know - not nearly as romantic as his gift - but I did surprise him!

0 comments: