Tonight was our ward's Birthday Celebration for the Relief Society. The theme was "A Tribute to Our Prophet" and was centered around our beloved prophet President Hinckley. Each table was decorated for the 12 months of the year and you were asked to sit at the table for the month of your birthday. Also, at each table, was a large tile that had a quote from Pres Hinckley on it. It was really beautiful. We ate navajo tacos and a really yummy chocolate cake with strawberries for dessert. I had a nail appointment after work and was a little late - almost considered staying home - but I am so glad I went. They had a program with some of the sisters reading excerpts from talks of Pres. Hinckley's, plus there were several beautiful musical numbers, and a video tribute. The spirit was strong and it helped me to take an hour or so to just reflect on how many blessings I have in my life. Sometimes we get so busy with the everyday stress and craziness, that we don't take time to just be grateful! LaJeane Spencer had made all the tiles and when I asked her if I could buy one to take home, she told me they weren't for sale, but if I wanted one to pick one out and it was mine. What a sweet gesture. It was hard to decide, but the quote I chose says, "I make a plea - that with all your going & doing, you will also give something to make the world a little better." I am going to put this up at my office so I can look at it every day. I know that I need more work in this area and hopefully it will help.Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Happy Birthday Relief Society
Tonight was our ward's Birthday Celebration for the Relief Society. The theme was "A Tribute to Our Prophet" and was centered around our beloved prophet President Hinckley. Each table was decorated for the 12 months of the year and you were asked to sit at the table for the month of your birthday. Also, at each table, was a large tile that had a quote from Pres Hinckley on it. It was really beautiful. We ate navajo tacos and a really yummy chocolate cake with strawberries for dessert. I had a nail appointment after work and was a little late - almost considered staying home - but I am so glad I went. They had a program with some of the sisters reading excerpts from talks of Pres. Hinckley's, plus there were several beautiful musical numbers, and a video tribute. The spirit was strong and it helped me to take an hour or so to just reflect on how many blessings I have in my life. Sometimes we get so busy with the everyday stress and craziness, that we don't take time to just be grateful! LaJeane Spencer had made all the tiles and when I asked her if I could buy one to take home, she told me they weren't for sale, but if I wanted one to pick one out and it was mine. What a sweet gesture. It was hard to decide, but the quote I chose says, "I make a plea - that with all your going & doing, you will also give something to make the world a little better." I am going to put this up at my office so I can look at it every day. I know that I need more work in this area and hopefully it will help.Posted by Maridon Rappleye at 10:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment