5 days to catch up - nothing really exciting, but I don't want to get too far behind. Wednesday night after WW I watched Braxton, Parker, Aubrei, Hayden & Preslie for a couple of hours. Melissa & Makayla went to an Achievement Days Activity, and JaLee had presidency meeting for YW. It went really well, but brought back a few memories when both babies got a little tired and both started crying. I found that I can still rock and comfort two babies at once! Thursday night I had Rook Club at Kathy L's. Club night is really the only "social" night I have with friends and I really enjoy it most of the time. It's also my splurge night and I don't worry about how much I eat. Probably not a good thing, because then it is hard to get back on track. I was scheduled to take Friday off for a trip to St George, but plans changed several times. I did sleep in, which felt great, but then went to work for about 5 hours. At 4:00 I drove to Monroe and spent a couple of hours with Sekoya & Katera while waiting for Darwin & Valyn to pick me up. Arrived in St George about 8:30, where Karen was knee deep in de-junking G&G's drawers & cupboards. I helped her some Friday night and we scratched the surface a little more on Saturday, loading Grandpa Don's truck for a trip to the DI. I think G&G were happy with the outcome and I am looking forward to another trip to work on it some more. Karen & I shopped at Taipan and Costco before heading to Richfield and made it home by 7:30. She was able to get the tour of Melissa's new home and see our new kitchen. It was so fun to have her here, even if it was a short visit. Sunday, Kirk & I went to Aurora to Denton Mason's farewell, then back to our ward for nursery and clerk duties. We watched Sekoya & Katera for a couple of hours in the afternoon to give Ashley a small break. When we went to take the girls home last night, it was an absolute blizzard and a scary drive from here to Monroe and back. At least for me it was! Kirk just laughed at me.... of course he has dealt with much, much worse. In fact, as I am writing this post, he is snowed in at Glenwood Springs, Colorado. I-70 from there to Denver is closed! I hate winter roads and pray that they will soon be done.
Monday, March 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment