I am having a hard time keeping up on this blog - and I don't even have kids at home. But, besides working every day, it seems like there is something extra going on every night. Monday night I didn't get home from work until about 6:00 and Michael was here with Carson and 4 other kids. He was tending his niece and nephews while Becky's family was at the viewing for their Grandpa Glen Blake. They were having fun on the swing set, in the playhouse, and in our big back yard. When it got too cold, they came down to the playroom and had just as much fun there. Michael told me later that these kids said, "That was the best park ever!" I'm glad we have a "Kid-friendly" home. Tuesday night I put on my Republican hat - it was our Caucus Training Meeting. This is where we train the Precinct Leaders to conduct their neighborhood caucus meeting on March 25. We had about half the leaders there, so that just means more time trying to deliver their packets and give them instructions. I also was in charge this week of getting ads ready for the Reaper and the Radio. I am the Precinct Chair, as well, but hopefully that will change at our meeting on March 25 and they will elect someone new. Heidi changed my massage appointment to Wednesday night, right after that I went to Weight Watchers. I haven't been doing too well with that and even toyed with the idea of not signing up again. (Wednesday was the start of a new 12 week series.) But, the wiser side of my brain, told me that I have still come a long ways and I can't give up. I know that WW will always be a part of my life. It has to be, because it is a change of habits for me and if I go, I work hard to stay accountable. I just need to kick it in gear again so I can reach my goal and not have to pay to be there. After WW, I went up to wish Gaylen a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! He is 77 this year - such a great man and a great example to all of us. Thursday I had an appointment for a hair cut & color (have to get rid of that gray) and then Mark & JaLee brought their kids to me to tend for just a while. They wanted a little break - time alone to visit. Everyone needs that! Last night when I got off work, it was time to hit the grocery store. I haven't really been grocery shopping for about 3 weeks and it was looking pretty bare around here. I had a long list of non-grocery items as well. When I finally got home about 6:30, Kirk was already home. We hurried and got ready for Burnell Washburn's viewing. (Aunt Susan's dad) So.... nothing really exciting, but everything takes time. I need to try and get caught up with some things around home this weekend. After being gone for two Saturdays in a row, then tending grandkids last Saturday, some of my bookwork, etc needs a little attention.
Saturday, March 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment