Friday, February 15, 2008

Flashback Friday



TRIP TO DENVER - Broncos vs Chiefs - September 17, 2006. I know this seems silly to some, but I was SO excited. Kirk had been a couple of times before with his boys, but this was my first real live game. We left on the truck Saturday morning, got a motel in Denver Saturday night, and spent ALL day Sunday (literally) at the football stadium. It was so fun to feel all the pre-game excitement and the weather was perfect - almost too hot for sweatshirts. I had to call Mark as the game started just to make him a little jealous (sorry Mark!) The game turned out to be a little boring as far as the scoring was concerned - no touchdowns - only field goals. In fact, it was the first time in 6 years that the Broncos had been shut out in the first half. They ended up winning by a field goal in overtime, so the last few minutes were pretty tense. It was still a great experience and I would do it again! Kirk and I got to bum together all day Monday - went shopping, to dinner, and a movie. It was great! On Tuesday morning, Kirk left to deliver his load and headed out on his regular run. I took a shuttle to the airport and flew to Las Vegas where Melissa met me and I spent a few days with her family. Kirk picked me up on Friday night on his way back home. A great trip!!

1 comments:

Fab Five said...

I LOVE having a MOM that is into Football!!! You have been the greatest support mom in our Football ADDICTION!

Now we have to convince the wives of the same!

Jason