Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Time Taker II

Kirk Rappleye Trucking -Kirk's job for the last 30+ years. This is my second job - but not necessarily second in importance. These "time takers" I am writing about are not in any certain order of importance - just writing them as I think about how I spend my time. First I want to say how proud I am of Kirk and the hard worker that he is. He has made so many sacrifices through the years to make sure that his family was well provided for. I don't even know how many millions of miles he has driven, but this truck is #8. We love his schedule right now - he leaves on Monday about noon and is home by Friday night. There were lots of years when we didn't see him near that much. But, when he was home, he made sure that quality time was spent with all of us. Kirk has an amazing reputation with other truck drivers on the road. There are not too many that drive as hard as he does and take so much pride in their equipment. He is always dependable and on time when delivering his loads. He taught his kids the importance of working hard and being honest. What a great example he is! It is my responsibility to make sure that the accounting portion of the business stays on track. This requires a little of my time most every night - going through mail, paying bills, recording freight, quarterly taxes, insurance issues, etc. It is not a huge responsibility, but it all adds up. We have always worked together on the income and expenses and I think we have made it a pretty successful business. Of course, most of the credit goes to Kirk!!

1 comments:

Fab Five said...

You are both very admirable people. I am proud to be able to call you my in-laws. I couldn't ask for better. I have a special place in my heart for Kirk since I didn't have a great relationship with my dad- he just takes his place. He is an awesome man and taught Jason very well!!