You might think I am turning political - but not really! However, I am currently serving as the Sevier County Republican Party Secretary. A couple of my co-workers got me involved and I haven't talked to them since. (Just kidding) But, it has been a lot more work and time involved than I first anticipated. Especially this year, since we are in a presidential election year. On Wednesday, February 6, we sponsored our first annual "Lincoln Day Fund Raiser Breakfast" A lot of work and preparation went into this event, but it actually turned out pretty good for our first year. Only 50 people attended so we hope to increase that number next year, but we had two corporate sponsors that actually donated enough to pay for the breakfast. We made about $2,000 net on the event, so considered it a success. The two co-workers I mentioned actually came, but said it was only to see if I could make it up and to breakfast by 7:00 a.m. It wasn't easy! We had the Lieutenant Governor, and representatives from Congressman Cannon's office, and the Attorney General's office attend. We also had several candidates running for State Offices so it was pretty interesting. Now we move on to planning the Neighborhood Caucus Meetings on March 25 (which I am also the Precinct Chair for our Precinct - hopefully not after our meeting) and then we will be busy planning for the County Convention on April 29. I hope after that, my political duties will slow down a little..JPG)
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment