skip to main |
skip to sidebar
When I woke up Friday morning and looked out my window to see a lot of SNOW, I wanted to crawl back in bed with my head under the covers. I immediately had a nervous stomach and was tempted to cancel the trip. I made a few phone calls and soon found out that my "girls" were not going to let me back out, but we did decide to all go in one vehicle - Ashley's Yukon. Melissa decided Makayla was old enough to be included in our trip and she was really excited to be going with us. She may have been bored with us a few times, but she was very good and hung with us all weekend. It was actually snowing harder in Richfield than anywhere else and the trip down was good. Nervous for nothing (of course)!! The weather was colder than we wanted, a little rainy & windy, but not horrible. We had so much fun! We only made it to seven of the houses, but six of them were over $4,000,000 - absolutely over the top, but incredible to see. Makayla was sure that Melissa could just buy the house with the bowling alley, an arcade, two theater rooms, a karaoke room with a stage, and of course an incredible play house. Since we are all a little "shopping deprived" in Richfield, we spent a lot of our weekend going to our favorite shopping spots - Target, Old Navy, the Outlet Mall, Seagull Book, etc.... good thing we had Ashley's Yukon because it was stuffed to the brim on the way home. We had some great meals, watched two movies in our room, had pedicures, and had some good laughs! The only thing we didn't do enough of was sleep!! We visited Grandpa Don & Grandma Carol for a few minutes, but there was so much to fit in and not enough hours in the day. Each of us will probably have some of the same pictures on our blogs, but since they are for our histories, that will be okay. I had such a great time and I think the girls did too. I know it is hard to leave their families and I really appreciate the great daddies that watched over the little ones so that Melissa, JaLee, and Ashley could come with me. THANKS Jason, Mark & Morgan - you guys are awesome! They even took all the kids to watch the South Sevier girls win Richfield for the State Basketball Championship at the Sevier Event Center. JaLee was pretty sad to be missing that, but hopefully the memories made together will make up for it! The roads were good for our trip home on Sunday and we even made it in time for JaLee and Melissa to make it to church with their families. What a great weekend!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment