Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day

My morning started at 6:00 a.m. with a phone call from my Valentine. I don't think we've been able to spend too many actual Valentine Days together in our almost 34 years of marriage, but Kirk is always so good to remember. He is the best husband, father, and grandfather that I could ever hope for. It is hard to have him gone, but I appreciate the fact that he is willing to work so hard to provide for us and make it possible for us to live in this great valley. He's amazing! We do plan to celebrate on Saturday and go out to dinner. You would think with a 6:00 wakeup call that I would have made it to work by 8:00, but I just can't seem to drag out of bed. Staying up too late at night is my problem, but that seems to be when I get most things done. Things were a little slow at work and it was a good thing, since Kevin was home sick again and I was on my own in the accounting department. I left a little early so I could deliver Valentine's to our grandkids. First stop - Sekoya & Katera in Monroe. They both squealed with delight which makes it all worth it. Next stop - Braxton, Parker & Aubrei. Braxton was asleep (he came home from school this afternoon really sick), JaLee was also sick, and Parker was with Melissa. I got sweet chocolate kisses from Aubrei, though. She was eating a chocolate chip cookie! Melissa brought Parker home while I was still there, so I did get to see him. I felt bad that they have all been so sick. I often wish I could be 3 or 4 places at once. But, then it was on to Makayla, Hayden, and Preslie. I set the Valentine's on the front door step and hid on the corner of the porch. Hayden was pretty excited, but I think I scared him a little when I stepped out of the shadows. I stayed a couple of hours with them while Melissa & Morgan went on a Valentine Dinner Date. I am so grateful to have all of my grandkids close by - it was the first Valentine's Day that I was able to see all of them and hand-deliver a treat from Grandma & Grandpa. It was the greatest!

0 comments: